Saturday, August 09, 2008

all good things come to an end

macbook

pretty, pretty macbook! this is the first new computer i've purchased in ten years... basically since i started uni. that poor laptop kicked the bucket during my final semester. then i went without for a number of years, until b graciously gave me his old macbook when he upgraded. now that one's on its last legs (i need to visit the genius bar tomorrow to figure out how to transfer my files, yikes) so... i bit the bullet! so far, so good. there are a ton of great new features on this operating system that i'm looking forward to playing with!

and lest you think i've been up to no good while sick, please welcome coachella to my WIP pile. the modern lace henley just wasn't doing it for me - i dreaded picking it up, so i knew it was time to put that aside and start something new.

coachella

i'm knitting this up with southwest trading co's phoenix, a soy tape yarn. i felt a bit of trepidation casting on, because my only experience with flat yarn (a cascade ribbon) was really intensely no fun. i hated it. but this - this, i love. it was a gift that languished in my stash for a couple of years, and i'm so happy i found the perfect project for it!

trinity stitch hat

i realized as i was photographing coachella that i never posted about my trinity stitch hat. i knit this one up when i was in nashville, waiting for the wireless at my hotel to stop freaking out so i could do some work. it's already gotten a bit of wear and i love it!

and on a final and completely unrelated note, i must leave you with a photo of maeve's favorite new bed. enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

maeve discovers the sink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happens if you turn on the water while she's sleeping??

so cute!

and nice snazzy new computer too - I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

That is the CUTEST!Purrrrrfect fit!