Thursday, March 05, 2009

the kindness of strangers

last night i left work on time (6PM, oh how i see you come, and then go) to drive out to the tiki ti. after scanning the list of 20+ rum drinks, i settled down at one of the few tables with my ray's special to await the imminent arrival of...

fellow raveler IrishF!

a small, relatively uncrowded bar, authentic tiki drinks, a fellow knitter and twilight fan and her husband - what a nice wednesday evening!

ravelers unite!

yes, that is a bloody mary you see in my hand. i was reluctant to try it - breakfast drink as a cocktail? - but was convinced by the detroit ex-pat at the table next to us, who fawned over hers like there was nothing better. and know what? best damn bloody mary ever.

the internet can be a strange place; you never quite know who you're going to come across and what they're really like. i can say unequivocally that IrishF did not disappoint! a lady who can hold her liquor, teaches yoga, and knits? i'm in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cool! I was wondering who those strangers were............

Celeste said...

I only had one drink! And half of DH's... 8-)

I want to know if you meet that other group of people there again. 8-) Might be new friends!

Bridget said...

Yum. I love Bloody Marys!

Glad you enjoyed your evening.

Anonymous said...

And loves Twilight- don't forget that! Sigh. Melon Ball green with envy... (though I had moonlit wine with my goaties last night- Stuff says you're invited)